Rezekne Special Economic Zone
- Elaborates development plan of Rezekne Special Economic Zone and secures its completion;
- Develops annual management plan of the Authority;
- Organizes research and evaluation of the Rezekne Special Economic Zone, distributes information and conducts market research in order to attract investors;
- Manages attraction of investments and signs agreements with determined agencies and enterprises;
- Organizes infrastructure set up and communication formation in the territory of RSEZ according to the development plan of RSEZ;
- Participates in the development of infrastructure in the territory of RSEZ; ensures full service for RSEZ investors and RSEZ enterprises.
Chief Executive Officer:
Ms Sandra Ežmale
Phone: +371 64625941
Ms Laila Skride
Phone +371 646259941, +371 28633550
Ms Rita Purviņa-Budreviča
Phone +371 64625920, +371 25660373
Mr Vladislavs Nareļs
Phone +371 64625921, +371 22119322
- Significant relief of real estate tax and corporate tax;
- Import and export operations are exempt from customs duty, excise tax, and value added tax.
- Rezekne Regional Board of Professional Education and Employment sustains a link between educational institutions, municipalities, and entrepreneurs to ensure compliance of educational training programs with labor market requirements;
- Fifteen professional education institutions train qualified specialists of various profiles;
- More than 500 students every year graduate from Rezeknes Augstskola – Rezekne Higher Education Institution – in the fields of Economics, Business Administration, and Engineering Sciences etc.
- Competitive location close to the markets of Russia and Belarus;
- Awareness of and familiarity with the business environment of neighboring countries, and steady business relations with companies there.
- East-West corridor – the gate to the East and the West (distance to the main cities: Ventspils – 434 km, Liepaja – 457 km, Riga – 242 km, Moscow – 685 km, St. Petersburg – 450 km, Vilnius 263, Minsk 376, Warsaw – 860 km);
- Modern embarkation park at the railway station “Rezekne – 2”;
- Crossroads of TINA railways and motorways.
- The only center of plastic products’ prototypes production in the Baltic States;
- Chemical and physical probation laboratory of details and raw materials.
- Consultations, information and development of public projects in “Rezekne Business Centre”;
- Modern conference and seminar facilities with simultaneous translation equipment and Internet access;
- National support programs and EU structural funds for support of entrepreneurs;
- Assistance of State Employment Agency in personnel selection and retraining.
- Ancient and rich cultural and crafts traditions; distinct and well expressed regional identity;
- Broad possibilities of leisure activities;
- Picturesque landscapes, ecologically clean environment, a great number of lakes feature Rezekne surroundings.